This 7th edition of Santa Casa Challenge, the contest by Casa do Impacto rewarding innovative technological solutions, accepted solutions focused on environmental sustainability, under the challenge: “The new challenges in education and work for the digital transition and climate action”.
This year’s challenge aimed to complement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in response to the rapid changes ahead with the climate emergency.
>> SDG 4 – Quality Education
>> SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth
>> SDG 13 – Climate Action
Of the submitted applications, until March 6, these were the 10 selected:
- > UpValue Digital Platform – Marketplace where companies trade industrial waste/by-products.
- > AirCO2 – Turnkey solution to calculate, reduce and offset the carbon footprint.
- > GreenScan – Capacitation for organizations. It aims to promote awareness about environmental impact and define strategies to reduce this impact more consciously and autonomously.
- > MoldAI – SaaS platform powered by AI provides all the information to carry out preventive maintenance procedures in injection molds in real-time.
- > Hephaesnus – Solution for prevention and efficiency in fighting forest fires.
- > GrowIn Module – Autonomous system for agriculture in urban spaces, using sensors, artificial intelligence, and even alerts for essential moments in the production life cycle.
- > Greensider – Marketplace for green jobs in Europe, providing digital content and support programs for green careers.
- > Beebio – An hybrid education technology tool (Edtech) that improves the teaching and learning experience in sciences, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM). It also promotes local biodiversity preservation.
- > Preflet– A scalable architecture, data, IoT, and analytics solution to monitor energy consumption and efficiency throughout the project life cycle for public and industrial infrastructure management purposes.
- > Bridged – Impact Tech solution enables the interaction of publishers and organizations with their audience to accelerate solutions for the SGDs (Sustainable Development Goals).
These 10 projects will present their pitch in a public session on April 14, where 3 finalists will be selected.
15,000€ for the 1st winner!
One-year incubation pack at Casa do Impacto for the 2nd and 3rd classifieds (for 2 elements of each project).
Web Summit 2022 Alpha Pack for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd classifieds.
Follow these 10 selected projects in our newsroom and social media!