Hot News: Nevaro, Actif, Glooma, AniMob, Material Species, 55+, <Academia de Código>, Access Lab, Ambigular, Clynx, dNOVO, Estúdio Manifesto, GoParity, IES, It’s About Impact, Mad Panda, Manicómio, The Minimal Magazine, Sea Shepperd, RESHAPE, Shifter, Speak, The Equal Food and Vencer Autismo!
News about the winning startups from the latest edition of Rise for Impact, also information on Link to Leaders!
Congratulations, GLOOMA, for the 1st place and for being one of the startups selected to participate in the Mass Challenge Switzerland Acceleration Program 2022!
ACTIF, congratulations on the 2nd place! ACTIF was recently at the Startup Capital Summit 2022, where he held a pitch and had the opportunity to introduce himself to investor companies. An event organized by the University of Coimbra, in partnership with the Coimbra City Council, the Pedro Nunes Institute and the Jornal Público, with the High Sponsorship of the President of the Portuguese Republic and the support of Banco Português de Fomento (BPF), the European Investment Fund (EIF) and the European Investment Bank (EIB).
Congratulations NEVARO! In addition to having completed its 2nd year of life, NEVARO also climbed to the podium, taking 3rd place! Also mentioned by Sifted (by Financial Times) as one of the “Startups of Early Internship to Assist in Mental Health”!
Read here the selection of the 3 finalists of Triggers, which celebrate the circular economy and the optimization of resources – also mentioned in Jornal ECO – online economy!
AniMob is creating an MVP to validate the concept and will launch a platform to register both animal producers. Rural, agricultural and forestry land owners and Material Species had the opportunity to share its circular construction project with Management students from the University of Colorado, USA, where he brainstormed solutions/innovations and growth.
And the usual residents of our community continue to add up!
55+ has analyzed several aspects related to the evolution of the project and shared that in the last year, it has raised over 2,200 specialists! It also received its “most mediatic” inscription ever, that of the president of the Portuguese Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa! From now on, 55+ has one more service: the Presidential service. Tempio from Banco Montepio interviewed 55+!
<Academia de Código> started 5 more bootcamps, with a total of 125 people between Lisbon, Porto and Terceira Island. One hundred and twenty people who in 14 weeks will join 1474 that preceded them “&& show the world that – having passion, work & resilience q.b. – programming is really for everyone!”
Applications for the September bootcamps in Lisbon and Porto are now open!
Access Lab carried out the first training in partnership with Accessible Portugal and with the support of Valor T, a project by Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Lisboa. As a result, the former SCML National Lottery extraction room received professionals linked to culture and event promotion to deconstruct ideas and prejudices. Also: he participated in the Kickoff of Fundo+PLUS at Casa do Impacto, at the Festival Política in Braga and was at “Manhãs da 3” on Antena 3, presenting the concept and essential work he does in accessing culture for people with disabilities and Deaf.
- > In your latest newsletter: shares an article by Catarina Oliveira from the Special on Wheels project that addresses topics such as capacity, human rights and responsibility for change; and also, an article by Jwana Godinho, Founder of It’s About Impact, which proposes “Imagine the future with us”.
On the International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biophobia, which Casa do Impacto also marked, Ambigular shared the story of Karim, a gay man from East Africa who sought asylum in Portugal.
Clynx has news in the Motiphy+ app: a Library of Stretching Exercises for the Spine! BTW, more than 100 Patients have already used Motiphy+ at Centro Hospitalar do Oeste! Curious to know the testimony of the CHOeste Physiotherapy Team? Clynx promises a full interview soon.
- > Joined the Austrian Startups Stammtisch panel for an inspiring conversation about her experience as a startup founder in the Portuguese ecosystem.
- > Attended the second edition of the Tech Rocketship Awards, promoted by the Department for International Trade (DIT) of the United Kingdom Embassy in Portugal. Congratulations on the recognition and for being one of the 10 selected companies!
- > Participated in the first Demium Roadshow in Portugal, together with 7 other startups, in an event organized by the International Investment Fund Demium Capital!
- > It was one of the companies invited to the Entrepreneurs Panel Event as part of the visit of Imperial College London students to Lisbon!
dNOVO was one of the awarded projects in the 1st Edition of the ‘Cities & Territories of the Future’ Award, promoted by APDC – Portuguese Association for the Development of Communications, winning in the “Intergenerational Collaboration” category.
- > It also held its 1st Networking Event at Nova SBE’s Carcavelos Campus aimed at dNovo Professionals. Sharing experiences and increasing the network of contacts through the relationship with other professionals in a similar situation was the intention of the event, which took place in a hybrid format, bringing together, in total, about 50 guests, including some Mentors dNovo.
- > Established another essential partnership, in this case with DNA Cascais, in promoting senior entrepreneurship! It was also present at the 5th edition of the Employment Forum, organized by the Portuguese-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry. It received candidates looking for a job or internship in Portugal.
Empowerment Through Storytelling, a gender calling session by Estúdio Manifesto, took place on the rooftop of Casa do Impacto, where there was no shortage of conversation, music and cocktails.
GoParity participated in the 11th Lisbon Entrepreneurship Week organized by Made of Lisbon and Lisbon City Council! In the webinar – led by Manuel Nery Nina, commercial director and co-founder of GoParity – we talked about how all our decisions about how we use our money can significantly help (or not) the fight for sustainability.
- > It is now one of the sustainable rewards available in the program that Cascais Ambiente EMAC is implementing – a smart recycling option > that offers rewards with each recycling, redeemable through the City points mobile application.
- > GoParity also organized a Financial Literacy class for 384 Bosch Portugal employees, where he talked about managing money more efficiently and saving and investing it. If you would like your organization to participate in a similar webinar, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- > Several campaigns are underway, open for investment with: Gasshô, MAI Kombucha, VennFoods, Decarbonização Congelagos, Comunidades Energéticas, Offcoustic and Grupo ADRE – “Primavera em Casa” project.
The Entrepreneurship, Mental Wellness project took the IES-SBS to Tallinn, Estonia, this month! IES promises many surprises along the way! He was also at Convento São Francisco, in Coimbra, on the stage of the largest national event on entrepreneurship, innovation and venture capital – Startup Capital Summit 2022. He was also present at the first ChangeTalks of the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro. Also: Registration for Impact Bootcamp is now open! Apply and learn how to create businesses that, in addition to generating profit, solve society’s problems.
It’s About Impact, in partnership with @radioamalia, is showing all the talent of young fadistas from the Loureiro neighborhood, where the Bairro Meu project takes place. And it was as a “project that uses art to promote social inclusion” that SIC’s Jornal da Noite presented Bairro Meu.
Mad Panda celebrates almost €1900 in donations via Patreon! Proof that with just €3 per month, it is already possible to impact and improve the lives of dozens of animals!
Do you want to be up to date with all the news from Casa do Impacto, including our monthly program of events? Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram,Twitter and Linkedin.